Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekend Update

It was my one year anniversary with Danny this past Saturday, which seems crazy. That year went by really fast. We had a great weekend together celebrating in San Francisco. Danny drove down to SF from Tahoe to pick up his new car. His old one finally called it quits and he was forced to get a new one. I say good riddance! He needs a car that he can trust in the snow and to get him back to me in SF!

On Saturday Danny, my brother Tim, I went to Cow palace for a dog show. It was a new experience for all of us. And a dangerous one! My brother just got a new puppy in April, so he is set, but I want one!! There were literally every breed imaginable at the show all ranging from super tiny lap dogs to over 150 lb pooches! The big ones seriously had bibs to catch all their drool. One day when I have a big house and a big backyard I would love love to get a huge, slobbery, furry, loving dog like this one. For right now I think a golden or a lab would be perfect. We'll see!

Saturday night Danny and I went to Bobo's for our anniversary dinner. It was definitely a fun environment and would be a great place to get drinks and appetizers. I think there is even a rooftop that is open when the weather is nice. Our dinner was good, but not great. Unfortunately Danny spoils me and I'm used to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Although the steak was good, everything else was just okay. However they did have REALLY good drinks. I had a blueberry margarita and Danny had some cucumber drink before dinner. They were both tasty and refreshing! We may venture back to this place to try it again, but probably check out some other places in the city first!

Sunday we went to brunch with Tim and his girlfriend Lily at Suppenkuche in Hayes Valley. The area is really cute and it looked like there were a lot of cute places to have brunch. The place we went to is a German restaurant (obviously) and offered the biggest glasses of beer I have ever seen. You could get itty bitty glasses up to gallons! I definitely couldn't handle that. We had a great brunch there, although the meals are pretty hearty. Fun, but very loud restaurant. Full of people drinking a lot of beer! After brunch Danny and took Jackson, my brother's dog, and walked around Russian Hill. It was a beautiful day out.

I cannot even remember what we did on Monday. Probably lounged around all day :). Tuesday we got up early and went to The Crepe House. It was really good and we got to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. It was a perfect way to end a perfect weekend. Danny had to head back to Tahoe early afternoon so he could work that night. He'll be back this weekend, so not too much time apart!

Wednesday night the roommates and I went out for my birthday dinner (I was unaware until about 5 minutes beforehand). This was our first official dinner with all the roommates (Alex just moved in Jan. 1st). Everyone had been in and out of SF during the holidays and this was the first time we really were all together! We went to this place in North Beach Enrico's and had a wonderful time. They had strawberry mojitos that were delicious (and strong) and a cute outside patio. We sat outside, but there was a live jazz band playing inside. We opted to do out own little family style dinner and got to try some great dishes on the menu. My favorite was the truffle oil frittes. So good! At the end of the night we were all very full and a little tipsy. Thanks girls for the birthday dinner!

Well I think that gets everyone up to date on my last weekend. Maybe I can blog more frequently instead of once every few months :). I am still getting the hang of it and will have to ask my roommates how to spice up my posts...they seem a little boring at this point.

No comments: